…in two minutes!
It’s easy to make a garden apron from an old pair of jeans. You just need to know how to cut it out.
You cut it so the back pockets can be used at the side or in the front to hold all the tools and tags you use. Perfect for holding your cell phone.
We HAD to try this!
- Start by laying the jeans flat
- Cut off the legs an inch below the back pockets
- Flip over.
- Cut below the waistband, to the side seams, on each side
- Cut down each side seam and you’re done!
- Just put the apron around your waist and fasten the button!
I demonstrated this in person at a garden talk last June,…everyone loved the idea!
We sometimes need a visual aide, so see this video:
Make an apron without any sewing!
Helen Basco says, “I have already made one and I couldn’t be HAPPIER how it turned out! I love it! I plan to make one for Hubby out of an old pair of his jeans. He’s using a cobblers apron now for his tools and cell phone. This would be better because it doesn’t have a top to go around your Neck! KUDOS to whoever came up with this idea!!!! EVERYONE has an old pr of jeans hanging around. Made mine out of a stretchy type so the waist band would go around bulkier clothing.